Saturday, October 5, 2024

Go to sleep!


When mom was living in the assisted living facility, she was up all night and slept all day. No one cared.

She had somehow convinced herself and them that she worked 3rd shift and needed to sleep all day and worked at night. This wasn't true.

She did go in around 4am, but she didn't work all night.

When she came to live with me, it was a nightmare!!!

She wanted to watch tv all night and sleep all day and I just couldn't. I was not about to sleep knowing she was awake and possibly into things.... like the fridge!

I can't trust that she won't go out the front door. Or try to cook. Or who knows what!!!

It was a nightly battle. And I became a raging witch. Lack of sleep makes me a very unpleasant person.

When we moved into our home, our internet boxes were updated. I now had an app on my phone. HA! Here me when I say I do very little from my phone. Text and talk....that's it.

For the first month our internet was bonkers. No service. Little service. Lagging service. The service provider would say it was looking ok on their end but I couldn't keep connection. I can't tell you how many times I called to complain. Sometimes spending hours on the phone trying everything they told me to try.

One night, late, I had to call again. Our tv's weren't working. It was a night I decided I wanted to binge watch tv and it was a fail! So I called to complain once again.

This time I was heard!!

Her response was "I'm so sorry. I believe you have a defective router. Let me ship a new one." I responded, "No. I will return this to the store in the morning. I can't wait 2 days for shipping."

The next day I was off to the store. Router exchanged. All set up and working!

WOOHOOO we have working internet.

The best part of the day was when my caregiver asked if I knew I could 'pause' moms tv through the app. "Uhmmmm, excuse me...what???? Nooooooo!!! Tell me more!"

Show she showed me how. Sweet mother of God that's the best thing since fresh baked bread from the oven, sliced with a dallop of butter on top!

Ya'll.... I have never been so happy.

Tonight makes two (2) weeks of night-time peace. Moms typically in bed by 9 watching her tv. Her tv somehow messes up every night. I'm not sure how... maybe she's hitting something wrong. I'll check it in the morning.

Between new sleep medication for her and me pushing a button on my phone to 'pause' her wifi service in her room every night around 11pm, this caregiver is getting some much needed sleep.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.

~bo


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm gonna spank you!

She's a Yahtzee playing fool!  I'm way behind on blogging..... ha! LIFE. Let's throw down with a little Yahtzee. Ones, twos, thr...